2 Dec 2011

50 Marathons, 50 Cities, Before I'm 50

I shared a dream of mine with a Spanish guy that I ran some of Valencia Marathon with.

That dream is to run 50 marathons in 50 different european cities before I'm 50!!

These are my marathon ideas (not set in stone) for the next few years:-

May 2011 - Copenhagen Marathon
Nov 2011 - Valencia Marathon
Spring 2012 - Madrid or Barcelona Marathon
Autumn 2012 - Berlin Marathon
Spring 2013 - Barcelona or Madrid Marathon
Autumn 2013 - Nice-Cannes Marathon
Spring 2014 - Seville Marathon
Autumn 2014 - Venice Marathon

From 2013 I will probably begin to run three marathons a year!! There are so many others I want to do such as Milan, Lisbon, Budapest, Florence, Hamburg, Rome.........

I'm not sure if I can be called a beginner anymore. Maybe I should change the title of my blog to the title of this post??

5 comments:

  1. It's a very beutiful challenge. go! go! go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to travel and I love to run so I thought why not do both things at the same time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and Gran Canaria Maratón in January 2013, 2014...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice goal! I hope you make it.

    See you in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice goal! This post brings a smile to my face. So many awesome marathons in Europe. I would loooove to do this but I live in the US. Here, there are a lot of runners that try 50 marathons in 50 states. They even have a club (http://www.50statesmarathonclub.com)

    I am planning on completing one major European Marathon a year :-) RNR Madrid this year. Le Marathon de Paris or Berlin in 2013. It's impossible to pick one location. Looking forward to reading your race recaps :)

    BTW, I like Pancho's suggestion. I am canariona after all :-)

    ReplyDelete