21 Aug 2012

Hot Hot Denmark!!

Yesterday was the hottest day in Copenhagen for the last 37 years! Because of the 'extreme heat' I decided to cancel the half marathon training and advised everyone to run once the sun had set or in the early morning.

One of the girls still wanted to get some exercise in so biked 1 hour to my home and then we both biked to the beach and went swimming :-)
It was really great to cool off in the sea!

It's supposed to get rainy and cold again from tomorrow so it looks like our 17k run next Monday will still be on....

Berlin marathon is only 40 days away now and coming up fast!! I feel ready for it as I have done lots of biking this summer on top of my running so actually feel really fit right now :-)

I'm planning on running the Powerade half marathon as an instructor to help one of the girls round and then running home afterwards. This will then put me at around 27k so will be used as my long run before Berlin!

No photos today I'm afraid as I'm on a different computer as my one has died....as least I've got the internet back working properly again!

3 comments:

  1. NO photos today? It's a pitty. Here in Spain, there's an African wind stream and last Saturday in my city was the second hottest day in the last 40 years.

    Don't worry about your cancelled training. You have time enough before Berlin.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. 37º in Denmark Buuuuuuuuffffffffffff.......The weather is absolutle crazy....4000 Kilometres in tne South, in Las Palmas, It´s only 30º

    Good luck with your long run before Berlin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost died at the half marathon last Sunday. It's was burning hot. I am happy that my next race is at 5:00am (ok maybe it's a little early but at least the sun will not come up at that time). I can't believe Berlin is around the corner. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete